Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) Afternoons
Wellness Counseling LLC is an outpatient behavioral health practice that is focused on providing behavioral health services and substance abuse counseling for teens and adults, in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Our principles are respect, instilling hope, psycho-education, and the highest degree of professionalism. Not only do we treat the underlying issue, but we educate each person along the way.
We are currently seeking a PART-TIME Administrative assistant for afternoons 12PM-6PM, M-Th and Fri 9AM-3PM for 30 to 35 hours a week for our Southgate office. This position starts at $14 per hour and the rate will be re-assessed in 90 days. In this role you will check-in patients, answer phone calls, and collect co-pays. Other duties include the following:
- Prior authorizations experience preferred.
- Reconcile patient accounts, outstanding balances, patient refunds and collections.
- Verify, update, and obtain patient insurance coverage
- Faxing, scanning and copying
- Scanning documents into the electronic chart
- Previous front desk, reception/receptionist, administrative assistant, or office experience preferred
- Knowledge of billing and insurance coverage is preferred
- Resolve problems of unpaid claims and aging invoicing
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office/ EMR
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- An interest in psychology, counseling, the behavioral sciences, social work, or healthcare is strongly preferred
- Responsible for closed case records
- Any other projects that the Office Manager may assign
- Purchasing office supplies
- Processing, accepting payments
- Submitting insurance claims
- Expense reports
- Monday-Thursday 12PM-6PM
- Friday 9AM-3PM
- No Weekends & No Holidays,
- Hours are expected to increase.
- High School Diploma
- Two years of progressively working with BC/BS, Medicare, Workers Comp, and other Commercial insurances in a healthcare setting.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Adheres to insurance industry and patient confidentiality rules.
- Computer literacy with basic office software programs
Salary: starts at a minimum of $14.00 per hour based on experience
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS, Fax or email resume and letter of interest to 734-785-8328. Applications without a resume will be declined.