Support Staff (Part-Time) Afternoons
Wellness Counseling focuses on becoming healthy both emotionally, spiritually, and physically. We offer an environment for growth, education, and community opportunities. Come join the team that is creating change and promoting healthy living in the community!
$13.00 – $14.00 per hour
We are currently seeking a PART-TIME Support Staff Specialist for afternoons 2pm- 7pm with some Saturdays, a total of 20-25 hours a week for our Southgate office. In this role you will check-in patients, answer phone calls, collect co-pays. Other duties include the following:
- Prior authorizations experience.
- Reconcile patient accounts, outstanding balances, patient refunds and collections.
- Verify, update, and obtain patient insurance coverage.
- Faxing, scanning and copying.
- Sorting documents into the electronic chart.
- Previous front desk, reception/receptionist, administrative assistant, or office experience preferred.
- Knowledge of billing and insurance coverage is preferred.
- Resolve issues of unpaid claims and aging invoicing.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office/ EMR.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- An interest in psychology, counseling, the behavioral sciences, social work, or healthcare is strongly preferred.
- Responsible for closed case records.
- Any other projects that the Office Manager may assign.
- Purchasing office supplies
- Processing, accepting payments
- Submitting insurance claims
- Expense reports
Monday-Friday, No Weekends, No Holidays, Preferred time: 2pm-7pm
Hours are expected to increase.
- High School Diploma
- Two years of progressively working with BC/BS, Medicare, Workers Comp, and other Commercial insurances in a healthcare setting.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Adheres to insurance industry and patient confidentiality rules.
- Computer literacy with basic office software programs.
- Salary: starts at a minimum of $13.00 per hour based on experience.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS, Fax or email resume and letter of interest to 734-785-8328. Applications without a resume will be declined.